The FBI has now issued security warnings to businesses still using Windows 7.
- As of January 14th 2020, Microsoft no longer offers security and software updates or technical support for Windows 7 (unless you pay them a huge extended support fee, that will also eventually be discontinued). This is a massive risk and exposes those who don't upgrade to attacks and compliance risks with industry regulations.
- "Continuing to use Windows 7 within an enterprise may provide cyber criminals access in to computer systems. As time passes, Windows 7 becomes more vulnerable to exploitation due to lack of security updates and new vulnerabilities discovered. With fewer customers able to maintain a patched Windows 7 system after its end of life, cyber criminals will continue to view Windows 7 as a soft target," the FBI warns.
- It's not all doom and gloom! This is a great opportunity to upgrade your systems and enjoy better security, productivity, and efficiency + lower cost of ownership.
- We've migrated over 500 profiles from Windows 7 to Windows 10! Hiring an experienced IT company to help with this will save you time, money, resources, and headaches.
- Schedule a complimentary consultation with us using the calendar here to discover the best path for your business to migrate away from Windows 7.
We're a Denton, Texas based IT services company that provides IT support and managed services to small-medium organizations. In business since 2001, we're one of the most trusted IT companies around.